Thursday 9 May 2013

flower market



I am nest building like a wild person at the moment. Cleaning every spot in the house with apple smelling Cif, dusting and demanding we make an inventory of everything we own and everything we need. Apparently, a kid needs a lot. I have also been building my own virtual house. It's clear as a crystal chandelier that I'll be 100 (and probably still working) before I can afford a house like I want. On top of this, I have been moaning to M Tiger about all the sheer amount of stuff I have to do. He tells me to cut some of it out and then I admit, I do actually want to do all of the stuff I'm banging on about in my life and eventually I realise I should shut up and be grateful. It's just because I get exhausted after doing everything. Then I snap. He says he was warned about this snap from other father men. So I am making a concerted effort to take chill time, not stress and spend quality time with him. Whether he wants to or not.

To be fair, I enjoy most things we do and I KNOW we have a bloody nice life. One thing I enjoyed recently was the Columbia Road Flower Market. Think, an enormous abundance of flowers, clustered together in a world of natural colour, soft petals and proud, wispy and bendy stems. The sounds of shouting bargains, with London East End accents, "Fiver! Get these for a FIVER! £11.99 in Marks and Spencers! A Fiver. Fiver." It was utterly packed and I was enamoured. To make it even more stupendous, there were little shops filled with trinkets along the road, and coffee, deli and cake shops, smoke swirling from the coffee cups, the scent of ten thousand flowers and plants in the air. I couldn't decide between the peonies, ranunculus, roses, orchids, 50 tulips (for a tenner!), or the clusters of hydrangeas. I went for the light pink roses, an orchid and some of those sticks with the little buds as soft as rabbit ears... can't think of their name right now. All for £14. I've heard if you go around 2pm, you will get the  even more bargain, bargains. I want to go back and stock up a garden's worth of plants. When I get my OWN garden, maybe. For now, flowers are fabulous.


Pink, pink rrrroses!

No comments:

Post a Comment